In 2008 a new law was passed that makes important changes for all young people in England, where all young people have to stay on in education or training at least on a part time basis until they are 18 years old.
This means that young people are required to participate in education or training through either:
- Full time education or training, including school, college, and home education.
- Work based learning, such as an apprenticeship, or
- Part time education or training or volunteering more than 20 hours a week.
When making the decision you need to consider the following:
- What career you want to do in the future – some jobs need you to choose certain routes
to get into them
- Your predicted grades
- How you want to learn – you might enjoy school, and might like to continue; you might
prefer more hands-on ways of doing things, so you might want to think about an
Who can I go to for additional support?
Within the academy, Mr. Scanlan will be available to meet with all Year 11 students who will be leaving the academy in that academic year to ensure that an appropriate post-16 destination is in place, prior to leaving the academy.
All opportunities and open days with regards to Post 16 will be advertised on our social networking pages:
Instagram: Derby Pride Academy