In 2008 a new law was passed that makes important changes for all young people in England, where all young people have to stay on in education or training at least on a part time basis until they are 18 years old.
This means that young people are required to participate in education or training through either:
- Full time education or training, including school, college, and home education.
- Work based learning, such as an apprenticeship, or
- Part time education or training or volunteering more than 20 hours a week.
When making the decision you need to consider the following:
- What career you want to do in the future – some jobs need you to choose certain routes
to get into them
- Your predicted grades
- How you want to learn – you might enjoy school, and might like to continue; you might
prefer more hands-on ways of doing things, so you might want to think about an
Who can I go to for additional support?
Within the academy, Mrs N Smith will be available to meet with all Year 11 students who will be leaving the academy in that academic year to ensure that an appropriate post-16 destination is in place, prior to leaving the academy.
All opportunities and open days with regards to Post 16 will be advertised on our social networking pages:
Instagram: Derby Pride Academy