Safeguarding out of hours contact email address: Safeguarding@derbyprideacademy.org
Derby Pride Academy Safeguarding Statement
Derby Pride Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, which includes –
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes
All concerns are dealt with by staff trained to the same level as that of the ‘Designated Child Protection Officer.’ The Designated Safeguarding Lead is Kay Taylor. All other staff receive annual training and updated information throughout the year
Should you have any concerns about your child or a child who attends Derby Pride Academy please do not hesitate to contact the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Cause for Concern
All staff are asked to report any causes for concern to the Designated Safeguarding Lead or Deputy in the first instance.
Concerns will be shared with the necessary agencies, parents or carers as early as possible.
Absence and lateness is recorded by the Attendance Officer.
Reasons are sought for all absences. Concerns around attendance may be referred to the Designated Safeguarding Lead. Parents/carers will be informed when concerns arise around attendance.
Support for Families/Multi Agency Working
Derby Pride Academy works collaboratively with external agencies to ensure that children are safeguarded and welfare is promoted.
We actively work with families to secure positive outcomes for both children and families.
Current Key Themes
Whilst any cause for concern is dealt with appropriately, current key themes that staff are trained to deal with include –
- The 4 categories of child abuse- Neglect, emotional, physical, sexual
- Private fostering
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Prevent - Protecting students from the risk of radicalisation, which is now seen as part of schools’ wider safeguarding duties
- Sexual violence and sexual harassment
- Peer on peer abuse
- Honour based violence
- Forced marriage
- County lines
Please click to read our
Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Please click to read our Annex A Child Protection Policy Addendum
Please find below links to a selection of documents that may be useful for parents and carers in helping them understand more about the subject and outlining what we do as a school.