Safeguarding out of hours contact email address: Safeguarding@derbyprideacademy.org
Derby Pride Academy Safeguarding Statement
Derby Pride Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, which includes –
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes
All concerns are dealt with by staff trained to the same level as that of the ‘Designated Child Protection Officer.’ The designated officer is Kay Taylor. All other staff receive annual basic awareness training.
Should you have any concerns about your child or a child who attends Derby Pride Academy please do not hesitate to contact the Child Protection Officer.
Cause for Concern
All staff are asked to report any causes for concern to the staff trained to deal with such instances.
Concerns will be shared with parents/carers as early as possible as there are often reasonable explanations for the concern.
Absence and lateness is recorded by the attendance team.
Reasons are sought for all absences. Concerns around attendance may be referred to the Child Protection Officer. Parents/carers will be notified of attendance concerns at the earliest possible point.
Support for Families/Multi Agency Working
Derby Pride Academy works collaboratively with external agencies to ensure that children are safeguarded and welfare is promoted.
We actively work with families to secure positive outcomes for both children and families.
Current Key Themes
Whilst any cause for concern is dealt with appropriately, current key themes that staff are trained to deal with include –
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Prevent - Protecting students from the risk of radicalisation which is now seen as part of schools’ wider safeguarding duties.
Please click to read our
Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Please find below links to a selection of documents that may be useful for parents and carers in helping them understand more about the subject and outlining what we do as a school.